VRS Hardware Requirements

Guest Bill G.

Guest Bill G.

My application is very straightforward. I need to simply record a number of inbound-only phone lines where the caller leaves a message. There will be nobody talking on the receiving end - just the inbound caller. I want the system to pick up each line, play a brief message such as "Begin speaking at the tone", and end recording when the caller hangs up. My questions are.... Will the VRS software (1-7 line) permit me to do this and, if so, can i do this with basic voice modems? If so, which voice modems are recommended or perform best?

My application is very straightforward. I need to simply record a number of inbound-only phone lines where the caller leaves a message. There will be nobody talking on the receiving end - just the inbound caller. I want the system to pick up each line, play a brief message such as "Begin speaking at the tone", and end recording when the caller hangs up. My questions are.... Will the VRS software (1-7 line) permit me to do this and, if so, can i do this with basic voice modems? If so, which voice modems are recommended or perform best?

No, it´s impossible. The VRS Recording can´t do this. For use like eletronical secretary you need use "IVM Answering Attendant" with a VOICE MODEM, like Us.Robotics 56 k ISA, it´s excelente for this task.

Best regards.

* 1 line for each voice modem, ok?