Auto Play Isn't Auto And Doesn't Play

Sean

I have just installed the DEMO version of BMS... I want to play music in a business system that automatically puts in announcements are designated intervals..

I set the proper sections for AutoPlay, but the Announcments never play at the specified time.. Neither in 12-hour or 24-hour mode.

I read that in earlier versions this was a problem. I am using the latest version (4.05) and it appears it still doesn't work..

Am I missing something or is this still an issue?

Thanx

Sean

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

When is the next release due out and what improvement will be made?

I'm hoping to be able to make sub-groups of music within the list (group A, B, C, etc) and set music play patterns

eg

1. A, A, A, A, A, A, A, A... (just one group)

2. A, A, A, B, A, A, A, B...

3. A, B, A, B, A, B, A, B...

4. A, A, A, B, A, A, A, C...

5. A, B, A, C, A, B, A, C...

6. A, B, C, A, B, C, A, B... (alternating groups)

Each play pattern with its own commence/expire date like music and announcement tracks. The music player would still choose random tracks but only from the assigned music group... for instance, three random songs from group A followed by a random song from group B for sequence number 2 above. The ability to control music play in this way would be particularly useful around December when I would want to gradually phase in Christmas music without having to keep reprogramming the BMS player.

I haveve tried doing this using the rotation % rates in music control but it hasn't been a huge success, last year BMS preferred to play all the christmas music back to back and in alphabetical order. A strict play sequence like what I suggested would prevent this from happening, and with commence/expire dates it could all be programmed way in advance, much better.:)