Best setup for high quality audio recording?

s9607571m@hotmail.com

Hi there,

I have used your software to successfully convert a track from a record to an MP3, however the sound quality is not great.

The MP3 file does not have the richness of the original recording.

I appreciate that sound quality of MP3's will not match that of the original recording but the sound difference is substantially different, from those ripped from CDs.

I have tried recording with and without using the pre-amp, and altered the setting accordingly yet the result is the same.

Would appreciate thoughts and advice on the best settings others have used with this software to obtain high quality MP3's from the vinyl.

• 4 weeks later...
Would appreciate thoughts and advice on the best settings others have used with this software to obtain high quality MP3's from the vinyl.

Go through your wizard until you come to a dialogue box titled "Output Format". In the first box where you have 'Save recording to computer in MP3 format' click on the "Format Settings" button. Make sure 'Constant Bitrate' is checked and choose a minimum of 256, and High quality encoding. Also choose 'Stereo' for Channel Encoding Mode.