hardware setup for MAC

evergreenrowing

I have an Ion iTTUSB05 turntable and a MiniMAC computer. The turntable output is a red/white RCA male plugs. The MAC audio input is a single plug, so I have a cable that converts the two putput lines from the turn table to the single jack for the MAC.

I have completed the Golden setup process. The noise monitoring line was bouncing. However, when I tried my first recording session I was told that for "recording state" there is "no audio detected". What step have I missed?

• 3 weeks later...
I have an Ion iTTUSB05 turntable and a MiniMAC computer. The turntable output is a red/white RCA male plugs. The MAC audio input is a single plug, so I have a cable that converts the two putput lines from the turn table to the single jack for the MAC.

I have completed the Golden setup process. The noise monitoring line was bouncing. However, when I tried my first recording session I was told that for "recording state" there is "no audio detected". What step have I missed?

Try going to System Preferences under the apple, choose sound under Hardware and then choose Line In for the Input. You should be good to go.