Date format..

j3nks

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the date format from USA to UK ?

In the UK 12th November 2008 would read 12/11/08..

i believe in USA it read 11/12/08..

at the moment i'm printing out to pdf then editing the text field before sending on..

not the way to do it i'm sure..

thanks in advance..

• 2 months later...

I too would like to know if there is a way to change the date format or if there is a possibility that the date format could be altered by the developers of Invoice so as to make the date more universal. It can cause problems when the date is ambiguous, for example 2/3/09, is my account due on the 3rd of February or the 2nd of March? Dates written with the month in words takes away any possible misconceptions everywhere in the world.

It would be great if the option to change date format is provided, but if not, then maybe the current format could be changed to be more universal and less confusing.

thanks

DJ...

There is no way at this point to change the format, but it has been suggested several time so I'm sure we will see it in a future release

There is no way at this point to change the format, but it has been suggested several time so I'm sure we will see it in a future release

I am using Express Invoice and I have found that if you are using Windows and go to the Control Panel>Regional and Language Settings>and click on the Customize This Format button you can specify the date format you prefer and that will make all the dates you have already entered in Express Inventory adjust to your preference. Also you will still not be able to use a different format for filling in the dates from your keyboard, but if you choose the date from the drop-down calendar, it will post according to your preference.

• 8 months later...

Surely there is a way to change the date format? I am on a Mac and the interface for the Mac version is a bit different. There seems to be no way of changing the date format, which is a surprising oversight of the developers.

I spent hours setting this software up with details beforee I realised it uses an American only date format. While this is ideal for American users it is not viable for anyone in any other country wanting to use this software. I can't give my Invoices American dates and so this small aspect renders the entire program unusable for me....and I imagine everyone else outside of America.

Is there a work around?

If not, does anyone have an other software suggestions?

• 9 months later...