How to answer a call immediately (not after a minimum of 2 rings)

m.saviotti

Is there any workaround or registry/ini settings to force IVM to answer immediately to a call?

The standard option in "Settings/Answer mode/Answer calls after fixed number of rings (2..20)" doesn't accept 1 or 0 and searching in registry I haven't found anything useful.

I need to call an external program immediately at the first ring, in order to switch on a relay on a Building Automation system bus (Knx). The delay due to 2 rings waiting is not acceptable.

Thank you in advance

Max

Unfortunately I don't know a way of forcing an instant answer. I know at one point I discovered a key in the registry for the number of rings, but I believe there must have been a validation check because it seemed to just reset back to two on it's own and I didn't notice any difference.

I believe the limitation is in place since Caller ID is not passed on until the pause between the first and second ring (on a traditional analog system), so IVM is forced to delay the answer in order to get the Caller ID. But I agree with you that in many cases this is unacceptable and there should be an option to disable it, especially since VoIP calls send the Caller ID at virtually the same time the call is initiated so the ring delay is completely unnecessary.

I once managed to get IVM to answer instantly while playing around with the time conditions, although I can't remember how and don't know if it would still work in newer versions.

• 2 weeks later...