Impefect Sound Recording

Guest Michael

Guest Michael

Hi all!

I have a really annoying problem! I have my tape deck connected directly to the line in on my computer. Whenever I record tapes, I get this intermittant noise - it sounds like pops and clicks, but isn't - and the noise interferes with the sound reproduction.

It doesn't happen in the initial playback, as I can't hear it as the tape plays, but it occurs in the recorded sound file. This is confirmed as when the file is played on my DVD/Mp3 player, the interference is still evident.

I am pretty sure it's not a software flaw, as I have tried another app that can record line-in, and it does it with that as well. If it is software based, any suggestions for investigating problems and potential solutions?

Apart from that, I suspect that it may be hardware based.

Special not: I recently (about 2 months ago) upgraded my o/s from WinME to WinXP SP2. The interference never occured previously, but it seems to have started from around the time I upgraded (if this is any help).

I am not sure if you can fully understand the nature of the sounf problem that I have: I have a short Mp3 sound-bite that I can supply to help you appreciate it more if you like.

Anyway, hope you can help.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...