Can't convert my aif file

Barry

Hello. Can you please help me? I have Pro Tools software, a studio type software, in which I created a song and it converts the wav file only to an aif file. Well I am having trouble playing that aif file on Windows Media 10 or Real Player. I am really trying to burn it on a cd, but they won't read it. However Quicktime can read it but unfortunately, it can't burn cd's. I tried everything and been searching the net for hours. I was so happy to find Switch because it was the first program I found that converts aif files. However, it won't convert my file, and it just says: "because it's corrupt". Can you help me please? I have Windows Xp and I need to convert this aif file to a wav or wma so Windows Media can read it and I can burn it on cd. I will really appreciate it. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Barry

any chance of giving the file to us to examine? we have had a few reports of aif files not working, but none of the aif files we tried to convert gave us any problems.

If the audio file in question is too big, any chance of creating a smaller aif file using Pro Tools and sending that to us? I guess if one file created by Pro Tools doesn't work, then they all don't work either.

• 1 year later...

i have the same problem -- aif file created using pro tools won't convert to mp3.

please help -- i've used switch in other contexts before and it's worked great. very frustrating that i can't get it to work now... dealing with deadlines and such, you know how it is.

thanks so much for your help,

-alex.

any chance of giving the file to us to examine? we have had a few reports of aif files not working, but none of the aif files we tried to convert gave us any problems.

If the audio file in question is too big, any chance of creating a smaller aif file using Pro Tools and sending that to us? I guess if one file created by Pro Tools doesn't work, then they all don't work either.