Symmetrical Nat

john_van1

TCP Ports 5060-5061

UDP Ports 5060-5061, 8000-16000

That should do the trick. Note that I was pretty sure you needed TCP 5060 but Etalk only tries to open UDP 5060 in the firewall, so I'm not sure, thus I recommend doing both.

TCP Ports 5060-5061

UDP Ports 5060-5061, 8000-16000

That should do the trick. Note that I was pretty sure you needed TCP 5060 but Etalk only tries to open UDP 5060 in the firewall, so I'm not sure, thus I recommend doing both.

I tried that but when i call it still has no sound on either side. And it still says that the NAT or router is symmetric

and it says this when i call "Unable to auto-detect public IP. Using private IP"

Cheers

All the problems you talk about are highly indicative of a port forwarding issue.

For instructions on port forwarding for your router, please see

http://portforward.com/english/routers/por...T624/X-Lite.htm

Also remember you must also forward/allow the same ports on any software based firewall you have running on the PC (e.g. Windows Firewall, Norton, ZoneAlarm, etc.).

All the problems you talk about are highly indicative of a port forwarding issue.

For instructions on port forwarding for your router, please see

http://portforward.com/english/routers/por...T624/X-Lite.htm

Also remember you must also forward/allow the same ports on any software based firewall you have running on the PC (e.g. Windows Firewall, Norton, ZoneAlarm, etc.).

I use a mac

and i've tried the port forwarding on my netgear router, i can't seem to get it to work still?

Any suggestions?