Save as Options

shrapnell

1. I was using the Free version of Wavepad for a small job and was frustrated to find that SAVE AS did not provide an file options as promised in the HELP file. So, I paid and bought the master version only to find there are still options under SAVE AS. I feel cheated.

2. As a video and sound editor on hardware for some years. I had been expecting a control to inch back and forth to to find a precise point to make an edit. Without such a control editing is a matter of luck rather than skill. I feel disappointed.

Can you tell me what save as options so I can investigate?

Here are extracts fromWavepad help.

With the Master's Edition you have a set a features designed with the professional in mind. These include a file batch converter, keyboard macros and automation tools, bookmarks, file regions (with the region assembler) additional file formats and more.

Features ~Supports a number of file formats including wav (multiple codecs), mp3, vox, gsm, real audio and more.

Save an audio file

To save the current audio file with the current name press Command+S.

To save the file with a different name or in a different format use the menu File -> Save As..

My issue is that while the HELP describe format options,SAVE AS give you only wav.

Here are extracts fromWavepad help.

With the Master's Edition you have a set a features designed with the professional in mind. These include a file batch converter, keyboard macros and automation tools, bookmarks, file regions (with the region assembler) additional file formats and more.

Features ~Supports a number of file formats including wav (multiple codecs), mp3, vox, gsm, real audio and more.

Save an audio file

To save the current audio file with the current name press Command+S.

To save the file with a different name or in a different format use the menu File -> Save As..

My issue is that while the HELP describe format options,SAVE AS give you only wav.

==============================================================

Really?

My Master's version of WavePad provides me with a whole variety of optional "save-as" formats!! Of course, I have to pull down the little pull-down menu near the bottom of the "save-as" dialogue box in order to see this list of options and to be able to choose the one that I want.

Are you saying that you don't have this pull-down menu to make the same choice that I have?

Or haven't you worded your objection properly?

Musikone

(apparently different strokes for different folks)

Yeah please double check the above. Also make sure you have registered your Masters version correctly in Help > About, but even so Wavepad free gives you more save as options than just one.

cheers

Yeah please double check the above. Also make sure you have registered your Masters version correctly in Help > About, but even so Wavepad free gives you more save as options than just one.

cheers

Thank you for your replies. Sorry about delay in responding, life took me elsewhere for a while.

1. I have checked again neither the SAVE FILE AS or SAVE PROJECT AS have any pulldown menus allowing other formats.

2. The ABOUT WAVEPAD dialogue box confirms that this is a full version registered in my name. However it does not say MASTERS , just WAVEPAD

• 2 weeks later...

This has come up a few times now. In Mac OS you actually have to add the file extension as part of the name i.e. file name will be song.wav change it to song.mp3 and then the mp3 encoder options will appear.