Jump to content

Dallan

Members
  • Content Count

    34
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Dallan

  • Rank
    Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Using V10.17 I have imported two identically sized png graphics and am trying to position one on top of another. I have applied Position effects to each with identical horizontal and vertical parameters, but they don't end up on top of one another. The vertical position for one png appears in the sequence preview incorrectly (aspect ratio is "match content"). But if I select for the vertical parameter "Show or hide animation line for this parameter" then suddenly the image snaps correctly into place. If I deselect this option the png moves back to its incorrect place. Any ideas?
  2. Ok. Setting the aspect ratio preview option to either of those fixes it. Thanks! With different aspect ratios the position of the rotated green blank moves around in the preview, creating an apparent offset in the export.
  3. Hmm...that is strange. Without a rotation effect the export and preview line up. But once I include a rotation effect the export is offset from the video. Is the first screenshot my original file? Because on my computer the preview has the two rectangles just touching, and then the export introduces a noticeable overlap. But in yours the preview is already overlapping, matching the export I get even though the preview has them just touching.
  4. I tried it at 1920x1080 and 854x480. Both have an offset. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LxV8m2bbxkyKdWB1Hor8Ja9GFfzu0b3f?usp=sharing
  5. So I upgraded to 8.99 and found the same problem. Here is a screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DvEMp7qvbgKy7PYbYzzSzR6IjIUX8rLN/view?usp=sharing In VideoPad the clip and sequence preview both show the blank objects touching at the corner (top), but in the video player (shown on the bottom right) they are overlapping instead.
  6. v8.45 Part of my video involved creating a straight arrow, and I did this by using a "blank color clip" native to Videopad, and then I added a scale to make it longer and narrow. This would serve as the base of a pointing arrow. I applied the following Video Effects to the "blank color clip" 1. Scale (to make it narrow and longer) 2. Rotation (for direction of the arrow) 3. Position (to place it in the scene at the correct spot) When I export the video I am finding the rendered blank clip has a noticeable horizontal offset from the position in the sequence preview. Her
  7. When I change the aspect ratio the image is just stretched to the limits of the chosen ratio. Here is the file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o5znnhQyIAF0Rw44DWUkVq0kFEciIaRe/view?usp=sharing
  8. v8.45 I am importing a still image (png) and regardless of the actual size of the image (created in a separate drawing program) Video Pad expands the image to fill the screen. This means each time I have to add a scale effect to shrink it back down to the original size, which seems unnecessary. Is there a way for VideoPad to display the actual size of the image?
  9. With no project opened if I go to Tools->Options->Disk and press "Clear Unused Cache Files" the sound cache is not cleared, even though the main cache is emptied. v8.45
  10. v8.45 I am starting a new project and so I originally cleared the cache as mentioned in other threads: tools->options->disk and click "Clear Unused Cache Files". I notice that this clears the immediate folder in C:\Users\myNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\VideoPadCache But within this folder there is another called "VideoPadSoundCache" which doesn't get emptied and seems to contain about a GB of related audio information. Shouldn't this sound cache also be cleared?
  11. Yes, I was getting an autosave file created. I have reverted to 8.45, which works fine, but the crashes were having on 8.91.
  12. I was having similar issues where VP would always crash when closing, though it would still save. Admittedly, this was when I had some very large video files being used for the project and my computer's resources were being pushed to their maximum. I would try re-installing your VP and see if this helps. It helped me.
  13. So to follow up. Originally the problem was solved by changing the jpg files to png files. This worked so the images would properly export. After working in the project for a day or so, suddenly some (not all) of the png images stopped exporting. It seems v 8.91 is inconsistent with its handling of exporting some objects. If Borate can verify this using the back up I messaged him with, that would at least confirm it isn't just a problem with my computer. In the meantime, I reverted to v 8.45 and voila! Everything is exporting properly now.
  14. I found three solutions: 1. delete the blank object on the underlying track 2. delete the video (30fps) beneath the blank object and keep the blank object 3. delete the other video track with 28.97 fps So the problem could be: a) the combination of the blank object and the underlying video, or b) having two video tracks of different fps I will message you the project privately, shortly.
  15. I am using 8.91 and having the issue of jpg images not showing in the exported video. I have several jpg pics, which have been used more than once across multiple tracks. Their original duration was 3s, but in the various tracks they have been extended, and all appear correctly in the sequence preview for the correct lengths. But in the exported videos they don't appear at all. As a side note, in the preview the images all have grey borders appearing around them, even though there is no such border in the original pic. *EDIT - I created an empty file with just a jpg on top of a blank
×
×
  • Create New...