Sorry for the long delay in responding. Yes, I did get Broadwave to work, and have used it successfully ever since (now on the licenced version), and on Windows 7. I think the problem may have been incorrect setup of the port forwarding in my router, which is now resolved.
I have set up Broadwave on an XP machine and finally got it to work after several attempts - but I still have one issue, which I'd welcome some advice on. I am using the unlicenced version and find that when I try to connect to the live audio stream the only way I can do this is to go via the Broadwave Connect webpage and then click on the relevant link. But if I copy and paste that same link into my browser, I see the following error message reported by Windows Media Player. 'Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server. The server name might not be correct, the server might