Installation Problems

CTU.CNY

First of, NCH -- GREAT SOFTWARE! Some of the easiest and best I've come across. Low resource usage, and easy installation.... :D

um....until now....

I have been using Eyeline on my WinXP system for months now, and it works perfectly. I just got a more powerful computer with WinVista on it, and tried running the same software.

I downloaded the setup file from the NCH website using Firefox. I used the 'Save to Disk' option (didn't use any download manager like downthemall - idk, this might be of some help in case of possible file corruption?).

When I run the program, the WinZip Self-Extractor comes up, followed by the EULA to agree. I click on Agree and then Next, it begins to install, and then says:

-Application error-

(X) File corrupt.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

I have tried downloading the file through NCH, www.download3k.com, and informant .zip through the ....audio.... website (using WinRAR), but to no avail. I have run the apps though compatibility mode for WinXP SP2 mode. I have even tried downloading Debut, and the same error appears.

I have attempted every possible remedy I can think of, and have been racking my brain to firgure out what's wrong...Is there anyone that can assist me with this?

Thank You Very Much!

B) Richard J. (CTU.CNY)

:unsure: Ya....so, um....thanks for all the help guys. Greatly appreciated it...

One reformat and Vista installation later, i have managed to firgure out (on my own, thanks) that it appears to be a codec problem -- that's it. Nothing complicated -- just didn't have the right codecs installed.

Just for the record, even if anyone here in technical support couldn't figure out the problem, it would have been a nice gesture to send some sort of reply -- IDK, maybe "bummer" or "hmm...." or "we'll check into it". Gimme somethin...

It's really ironic how much more users are willing to comment when they have the same problem. I mean, think about it: It's a "Support Forum" that only supports you when they can benefit? :(

.....OK

Let's try this again...

• 5 months later...