Loading MP2 audio files

Help! When I load an MP2 audio file from disk it only partially loads the audio file. The loading counter runs ok 100% and then I find instead of, say, 5 hrs loaded, it has only loaded 1 hour.

I have downloaded the current ExpressScribe - same thing happening. I have also tried copying audio file to hard drive and retrieving it from there. Same thing happens.

Can anyone assist?

:(

Guest nchto

Are you certain that the audio file is actually 5 hours long? It may be that it was only partially downloaded, or was posted as several one hour files. You can try Switch to convert the file to WAV and then see how long the file is. Alternatively you can try opening it with Windows Media Player and see if it is actually 5 hours long (skip through the file to make sure it has 5 hours worth of audio).

Are you certain that the audio file is actually 5 hours long? It may be that it was only partially downloaded, or was posted as several one hour files. You can try Switch to convert the file to WAV and then see how long the file is. Alternatively you can try opening it with Windows Media Player and see if it is actually 5 hours long (skip through the file to make sure it has 5 hours worth of audio).

It definitely is five hours long. I am going to have to download the old version - such a shame.

It definitely is five hours long. I am going to have to download the old version - such a shame.

Liz, did you look at the wav file at the folder where ExpressScribe converts documents, in c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\nch swift sound\scribe\current? If that file is only 1 hour, then it says one thing; if it's 5 hours (play it in a media player) then you can load it directly into ExpressScribe, and away you go. Doesn't solve the problem, but gets you going, and provides tech with something more to work with... KRN