Roofs with different elevation

Karl_Jiangxi

How can you make a roof with different elevations with DreamPlan, for example for a saltbox style house where the roof at the back of the house is at lower elevation that at the front of the house. It seems there can only be one roof and one base elevation for that roof.

• 5 months later...
On 6/8/2020 at 4:30 PM, N_C_H_josh said:

Right now, there can only be one roof and one base elevation for that roof. Allowing different elevations is on our todo list for inclusion in a future release. You can stay updated on our releases by subscribing to our newsletter at www.nchsoftware.com/software/newsletter.html or by following @nchsoftware on Twitter. 

I dont understand this, I have just purchased the software and I need to do a one sided roof, so the south wall is higher than the North wall, and there by the East and West walls need to have a sloping of 5% which is the slope of the roof. I purchased it because I saw this possebility on your site. 

On the page https://www.nchsoftware.com/design/index.html (under the download button) The house shown, has exactly this kind of roof, flat with a slope of x %
Maybe I misundertanding the answer and it is not the question, if I do, then please give me a hint on how to do these walls and roof to be able to do a one sided roof slope.

• 1 year later...

I decided to make the roof of different heights to install solar panels on them later. I thought for a long time about how to do it and decided to contact roofing contractors Frisco tx, with the help of which I could realize my idea. We raised the level of the north wall so that the slope would be on the south side. Now my house is transformed and plus I can save money and use more electricity. What do you think about it?