Mp4 audio not loading/playing in videopad

alarson1807

I have a strange issue. I recently added an external microphone to my GoPro Hero 7. The files are saved as .mp4 and I can hear the audio just fine when playing through VLC or windows native player but when I load them into Videopad and drop them on the timeline I hear no audio, even at parts that I see an audio wavelength (although most of these clips the wavelength is a solid or steady bar, but some of them even show parts of varying lengths and those don't play either).

The odd thing is, this only happens on about 30 videos I recorded with the external Microphone... Then all the sudden the audio from the Microphone plays fine in Videopad.

I tried to remove them, delete the cache, close Videopad, reopen, reimport and still same issue.

When I look at the properties of both a working clip, and a non-working one they both show there is 2 audio channels but I can't find anywhere to tell me which one is playing. 

What is going on can anyone help me please?

@borate - Thank you for quick reply. I am using the most recent version I believe. VideoPad Professional v8.0

Here are two files that when I load into Windows Movies/TV app play the audio just fine, but I cannot get them to play when loaded into Videopad.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BcfBgBM4WjRdsaTbibJGY4tS3dlwKwkU/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ov6YdfMquAgKPQ1-jrl6HOs1B-9vnQIh/view?usp=sharing

One of those files will play audio for the first second of the clip before stopping. The other doesn't play any at all.

Using this version, they play just fine here.  Can spot no irregularities.

Two things to try...    Under OPTIONS | DISK tab Clear Unused Cache Files.

If no joy,  shut down Videopad and delete all the files in these folders...

"C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components"

Reinstall Videopad.

19 hours ago, borate said:

Using this version, they play just fine here.  Can spot no irregularities.

Two things to try...

Thank you so much. It appears this has worked. I am going to reload my old project and make sure they all work but I tested 1 file and it seemed to be fine.

You guys are the best ❤️ 

• borate changed the title to Mp4 audio not loading/playing in videopad