Wayne Hamilton

Wayne Hamilton

I no longer use Golden Records to do this, so am not an expert on their software and controls.

That said, if by "distorted" you mean overly loud, to high, heavily compressed, then this is usually a function of the input volume. You need to make sure the volume is high, but not too high. Think about it as a traffic light, green is good and can always be amplified if too quiet; yellow is a warning and while it can be ok, or loud sections of tracks, will possibly stray into red. Red is bad, fractions of sound can wander into red, but anything longer than a couple of seconds will end up being distorted. Think speakers responding to the volume being too loud.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
On 5/27/2020 at 4:14 AM, cathcam said:

I no longer use Golden Records to do this, so am not an expert on their software and controls.

That said, if by "distorted" you mean overly loud, to high, heavily compressed, then this is usually a function of the input volume. You need to make sure the volume is high, but not too high. Think about it as a traffic light, green is good and can always be amplified if too quiet; yellow is a warning and while it can be ok music genres, or loud sections of tracks, will possibly stray into red. Red is bad, fractions of sound can wander into red, but anything longer than a couple of seconds will end up being distorted. Think speakers responding to the volume being too loud.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

If these issues arise across all records or sources, the initial recommendation is typically to reinstall the program; however, reaching out to support is a preferable option and comes at no cost.