Videopad does not render properly

Ziefenzoef

Hi,

I have the paid version of videopad. 
I wanted to render my project and it does not work. Only the first image appears on the screen and the music.  I used some video effects in the video for the first time.
I tried it 4 times, the problem remains. 

How can this be solved?

Thanks in advance

What version of VP is being used?  Assuming that the exported result shows only the first image, what are the export settings:  resolution and file type?

What is the resolution of the bulk of the content and how long is the project?  Share it, and someone will check it out.  It's easy, takes little time and can be private...

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT.  On the server, don't forget to copy a shared (public) link to paste into your post or PM.

Hi,

I am using the latest version of Videopad. I just discovered that it has something to do with the Video effects I used. (Sepia)  The video does not play properly either in some parts after using video effects....After using the video effect, the part of the movie (overlay) does not play anymore.

here is the link to the project so that you can have a look

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=5B0250125D53D756!354&cid=5B0250125D53D756

8 hours ago, borate said:

Your PORTABLE project folder has files missing:  51,56, 62, 44, 68, 69, 66, 81.  Try again.  Be sure there's enough free space on the server to accommodate the upload.

Can I send them by we transfer? Apparently it takes hours to upload the files to share them. I'm uploading in dropbox now and it says 20 hours to upload the files...

You didn't answer the above questions, such as the length of the project.  If it's long, and there are many high-def files, it may not be worth the effort.

Try exporting at a lower resolution - HD or 2K.  Does that succeed?

6 hours ago, borate said:

You didn't answer the above questions, such as the length of the project.  If it's long, and there are many high-def files, it may not be worth the effort.  Try exporting at a lower resolution - HD or 2K.  Does that succeed?

Length is 3 minutes. Files 7GIG 4K files.  How can I make HD or 2K to share them with you? Just 2 files are missing when you check the link now
Export to mp4 and resolution 4K.

-0-0-

I just made a completely new video to test it. It seems that is has nothing to do with the effect. I used no sepia effects at all and it does not work. If I render, it takes 2 seconds whereas a week ago, it took 30 minutes to render a video. If I play the video file, nothing is in it. It's a 2 second video now. I think there is a serious problem with the videopad. I promised to my friends I would post the video today.... this is really disappointing.

What can I do to solve this? Can you take over my PC on a distance, so that you can see for yourself what happens? I paid for the program, so it's not because it is a free version.

A 2K test of the available content looked good.  4K might be possible by using either MP4 or AVI with the MPEG4 encoder. In the export configuration box, select that choice by clicking the Default Quality/Filesize link, then on COMPRESSOR.  That succeeded here.  The "two-second" failure has been experienced with very HD projects and certain codecs.

Upload the missing two files independently, link them here and we'll look into this further.

A fairly simple project that had a good result at 4K with VP 8.35, exporting in Mp4 using MPEG4 compression.  But it's pushing the limits.  Stick with HD or 2K for more consistency and less frustration.

You didn't mention your PC's specs.  Hardware limitations may factor in.  High-res video editing/exporting is resource intensive and a gaming-class machine is recommended. 

Nice tune;  thanks for sharing your work.

• borate changed the title to Videopad does not render properly