How do I index/contents a disk?

Timber

I want to record a series of stories for my grandchildren. I made a disk with 8 stories on it, but when they wish to listen to it, the disk starts at the beginning of the first story and plays through to the end of the last. If they stop in the middle and then use the disk again later, it starts at the beginning of the first story again.

I want to create a disk with an index or table of contents from which they choose a "track" to listen to.

How do I do this?

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/27/2019 at 10:08 PM, Timber said:

I want to record a series of stories for my grandchildren. I made a disk with 8 stories on it, but when they wish to listen to it, the disk starts at the beginning of the first story and plays through to the end of the last. If they stop in the middle and then use the disk again later, it starts at the beginning of the first story again.

I want to create a disk with an index or table of contents from which they choose a "track" to listen to.

How do I do this?

Hello

By disk do you mean CD?

If so, when transfering the audio to CD you need to insert a track ID at the start of each story so that the listener can cue up to  the required track. 

Alternatively you could load each story as a separate track into CD burning software and let it insert the default 2 secs silence between each track and add the track markers automatically.

Iain