VideoPad running slow. PC requirements?

adriansdrawings

Hello!

I have downloaded the DEMO version of VideoPad so I can see if my PC can keep up and I must say that when I click preview it is buffering alot and it does not work smooth either. So I decided to write here my PC specs so you can tell me what is wrong. (Also when i run VideoPad, my CPU usage is at 100%)

PC specs: Intel i7 6700HQ 2600MHz (turbo 3500MHz)

8GB RAM 2133MHz

Hard Disk: HDD 1TB 7200rpm

Nvidia GeForceGTX 950M 4096MB

Hope you can give an answer!   Thank you!

Similar hardware here and buffering is rarely seen.  While viewing a three-hour project that includes several effects...image.png

When loading files or a project, wait until the green caching line above the thumbnails completes or stops flashing.  Same for the line under the PV window thumbnails.  This can take some time  with large hi-def files.

Be sure there's lots of free space on the cache folder, as specified in Videopad under OPTIONS|DISK.

Thank you very much for your answer.

After reading it I did the next things: Cleared the space on the cache folder and waited until the green line is full. After that I added a rotation effect to an 8 minute video. Right now the green bar is moving extremely slow (I would say that it should be full in more than 15 minutes) and my CPU is again on 100% and even my disk reaches 80%.

I must ask if there are some performance differences between the DEMO version which I use and the Master's Edition that you can buy.  It is pretty strange that it is moving that slow considering my PC requirements.

Can it be because the videos that I am trying to edit were filmed at a 3840x2160 resolution?

Edited by adriansdrawings

Can it be because the videos that I am trying to edit were filmed at a 3840x2160 resolution?

That resolution will slow things down, but it shouldn't max out your CPU.  There's no performance difference between the DEMO and Master (pro).

The best way to pin this down is for you to please share the project.  That way, it can be run just as you see it, to analyze...

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.

Click FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT.  Then share the link.