Audio & Video Errors

Julie12

Hello,

I'm doing basic audio cleanup -- like noise removal or just a simple, amplify; if it's needed.  I've also been using video effects for transitions.  Again, basic stuff.  However, I keep getting reports from other people who are watching these videos on YouTube that my audio is garbled or difficult to hear and the video transitions aren't there, just errors or cut-offs.  The problem is, I can't hear or see any of these issues everyone else around me is able to; on their devices.  On my Sony Vaio -- everything is clear and smooth.  I watch the same videos on YouTube everyone else is and I'm not hearing or seeing anything off kilter.  

Has anyone experienced anything like this or know what the issue could be?  Thanks.

5 hours ago, borate said:

Link your video here so others can check it out.

Did you upload directly from VP ... or did you create a video file to YouTube specs and then use their uploader?

I uploaded to dropbox then linked it to YouTube.  I've tried directly uploading to YouTube directly but that either fails or it still has the same issues.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-7zlf-wW1g   thank you.

22 hours ago, borate said:

Link your video here so others can check it out.

Did you upload directly from VP ... or did you create a video file to YouTube specs and then use their uploader?

I uploaded to dropbox then linked it to YouTube.  I've tried directly uploading to YouTube directly but that either fails or it still has the same issues.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-7zlf-wW1g   thank you. 

It's VP 7.11  The problem is, I don't see or hear any transition errors or audio problems, on YouTube, through the link, on my system or iPhone or in VP.  Everything I see and hear during every playback in every iteration I have; the transitions are smooth and there is no difficulty hearing audio. 

If listening on a small speaker you may not note the low-frequency audio issue with the first segment.

And the video transition errors, such as those in and out of the break at about 12:26 are subtle.

Please do upload the project files.  Someone will check it out, and perhaps repair it.  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

When exporting, it's best to use the VP version that created the project.

I've played videos over my PA, too without hearing or seeing any issues.  For the most part I stopped using transitions.  I may have tried one or two in the video I shared; but overall it's just raw footage, no cleanup & no transitions.  The transitions were also causing problems.  I need to know what the issue is so I can permanently fix the problem, because it's been reported by a handful of other people on other videos.  Is it a codec, parameter or export issue?  Or is it a platform, internet issue that has nothing to do with the videos themselves?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-7zlf-wW1g&t=228s

Thank You!

Julie 

About the only way to pin this down, Julie, is to upload and share the project files as instructed above.  It's not likely a codec or parameter.

A new version will be released shortly but it will have some incompatibilities with the old, owing to programming changes.  Use that version for your next project, if possible.     For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the latest.