music of second part lost after ediitng

kithui

I was editing a clip with music, and deleted some part in the middle. After 'export', in the resulting file, the music after the deleted part is missing, even though the clip is playing.

The 'delete' I used was using 'trim' marked 'start' and 'end' then 'bin'. I did try 'delete' tab. The outcome still the same. Is it something dealing with 'link' and ;unlink'

While I am a bit unclear in my understanding of what you are saying, my recommendation would be as follows to see if you get a better result....

Instead of using an 'Export' function, choose 'Save File As' ... 

To delete a portion, pinpoint the cursor on the spot where you wish to begin your delete, and drag to the end of the selection you wish to delete. Once a selection is made you can zoom in and use the I< and >I transport buttons to adjust/verify that the beginning and end points are where you want them. Then 'delete' the selection. It's good practice to use 'Save File As' so you keep the original file intact.

ps. just curious, are you working with a wav file or an mp3?

edit to add: This turns out to be a VideoPad topic - my responses were aimed at WavePad....

Edited by vapors
update

MP4. 

After I removed some segments within the clip, say 4. On the timeline, I can clearly see four parts in the audio wave, with four long vertical lines. After 'export', when replay, the music will stop at the first long line, but the pictures still playing till the end

I believe you must be referring to VideoPad, and not WavePad (this forum)?

I have never used VideoPad, but in my experience with other video software, the audio and video are linked together, so if you want to do a delete, you must first ungroup/unlink them, and perform the cut on both files in the timeline.....

sorry I couldn't help more. Good Luck!

If you retained your registration and activation code (emailed) which you used to activate the software after purchasing, there should be no issue reinstalling.

For future reference, VideoPad has its' own forum, further down the forum list under Video Tools.