Cannot get playback or export to work correctly

JBourd

Hey all, I am new to editing but thought I did a pretty good job getting everything together the way i wanted it. It was fairly intuitive how to use the software, which is what I am looking for when purchasing one. However, on the preview playback I can only hear my song audio that I added and not the video audio that I have on there. I muted most of them because I did not want them but the first two video clips I did want the sound from the so I cut the song so I could decrease the volume on it for the first two video clips so as to hear the words spoken but never can on preview.

I assumed perhaps that i would once I exported it . That has yet to work.

I have tried mutliple formats, encoders etc. and all to no avail. I either get black screen with only audio, or stuttering video with no audio, it is quite maddening.

Does anyone have any idea what could possible be going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have the most up to date version of the software.

Thanks in advance

Let someone take a look.  Here's how...

1.  Save your work.  Then, with the project on the timeline, click the FILE menu.  Then SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS.  Save to any convenient folder.

2.  Open the folder that contains the saved files and ZIP them all.

3.  Upload the zip file to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.  It's free.

4.  Make the uploaded file public (share it) and copy the shared link.

5.  Paste the link into this forum.

Cute ^_^

Video editing is resource intensive and this high-res project may be taxing your PC, which could explain your issue.

Lowest preview resolution was used here and it took about fifteen minutes before all files were cached - confirmed by a nearly solid green line displayed above the thumbnails.

Working with files this high in resolution is problematic.  Videopad should do better if the files are first converted to 1920 X 1080 (or smaller) format. (Mp4 is a solid choice.)  Quality won't suffer measurably.   It's possible to use very low-res files for editing, to ease the VP and PC load, then substitute higher-res clips for the export using the right-click CHANGE FILE feature.

Music audio that was panned to the right channel has been centered.  The audio of the first two scenes is mono, while music is stereo.  Because of this, VP shifts the mono track to a single left channel when exported.  This was corrected by converting those scenes' audio to stereo in another utility and reinserting them. 

There was unneeded, redundant audio of  the first clip on another track.  And each clip edge, with a freeze transition, is normally a single, clean cut point that the Go to next clip edge buttons can locate.  With an overlap transition there are usually three points.   In this project, each edge instead had four cut points. ??  May be related to transition problems that were encountered.