Videopad 2 videos blending question

Anaam

Hi I want to have footage of my face as a 'faded & blended to the background' kind of thing inside a nature video.

How do I do that?

I'm not looking for simple overlaying of one video into another.

This is more like eg. a mountain range footage with footage of my face kind of blended into the mountain range clip itself... Can this be done in Videopad?

Ty

PNG images, with an alpha channel, can be added to a higher VP track.  Then apply the transparency effect to blend the face into the mountain range that's on the lower track.

If your face is not a PNG, but has a solid background, with no trace of the background color in the face itself,  green screen and transparency effects can be employed.

Click the FX button on the clip in the time line.  Click the large green + sign at the left on the toolbar.  Choose GREEN SCREEN.  Click in the preview window and an eyedropper will appear.  Move the dropper to the unwanted background area and left-click.  That will eliminate the background color from the image.  See this page for details.

Other effects can be added, such as scale (to size the image) and position.

VP_transparency.jpg

Opacity will work, to vary the extent that the overlay video (higher track) is seen, blended into the background.  But results may not be optimal.  Experiment.

Green screen (chromakey) likely won't, unless the overlay video was expressly shot with a contrasting, solid background color that doesn't appear in the image itself.  Often, the background will be green or blue, with care taken to see that the subject wears no clothing that is the same color as the background.