Jump to content
roger garcia

Conversion of The File Has Failed - to MP3

Recommended Posts

Hi. Suddenly my Switch Plus has stopped converting files to .mp3 stating that the conversion of the file has failed because "the encoder used to create the file has quietly failed. It's possible the choice of encoder settings produced the issue". The encoder settings used are the same I have been using for years and I cannot understand what the problem is. Could you help understand what the problem is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, N_C_H_josh. I've tried to convert .flac, .mp3 and .m4a to .mp3. All failed. I don't think the problem would be with the file per se. I'm using Windows 10 and the last update was made today (KB890830). I think I don't have the Creator Update installed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same problem.  I've been using Switch to convert MIDI to MP3 for some time.  I hadn't updated Switch but just recently the conversions started failing with exactly the message reported by the OP.  Updating from 5.28 that I was using to 5.29 hasn't made any difference.  I have the Creators' Update installed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just purchased the   Switch Sound Format Converter (Plus - Commercial License) and my WMA files will not convert to mp3 - this is the main reason I purchased your software.  I created the audio files myself via audio recorder on my PC; but now I have a Mac

please help

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two versions of this software, the newest I bought today v8.03 and v4.33, the new version will not convert, I just get "Conversion Failed" when trying to convert .dss/.ds2 files to .mp3.  What gives?  This thread started in 2017 with no answers?

I should note v.4.33 was installed on Windows 7 and 10 and it worked fine.

I installed v8.03 on our Server 2008 r2 box because that's where our dictations are.  I've already opened a ticket, hoping to find an answer somewhere though.  I've tried running in compatibility mode and even installed the k-lite codec pack, thought maybe that'd fill the gap somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, IT Guy said:

I have two versions of this software, the newest I bought today v8.03 and v4.33, the new version will not convert, I just get "Conversion Failed" when trying to convert .dss/.ds2 files to .mp3.  What gives?  This thread started in 2017 with no answers?

I should note v.4.33 was installed on Windows 7 and 10 and it worked fine.

I installed v8.03 on our Server 2008 r2 box because that's where our dictations are.  I've already opened a ticket, hoping to find an answer somewhere though.  I've tried running in compatibility mode and even installed the k-lite codec pack, thought maybe that'd fill the gap somewhere.

Same here, except I'm using version 8.00 on an old Mac running High Sierra (10.13.6), and trying to convert from .flac to .AAC. 

It was working fine, but now it gives me an error for every file I try to convert (and I've tried well over 50 at this point): "An error has been encountered when converting the file "/Users/macName/Library/Caches/0sJ9D5e/OKmIRCp.flac". Do you wish to continue converting files?" Then in the converter window under the Extended Information column, it says "No audio detected in the file", but there's definitely audio, because all files play in QuickTime Player with no issues.  I'm guessing the problem has more to do with the fact that the location shown in the error message is definitely not where the file is located though...

Guess I'll be filing a ticket as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been using the free version of Switch for years but now, suddenly, when I try and convert from MP4 to MP3, it goes through the motions of converting, but when I put it into Express Scribe it shows zero minutes of audio available.  I don't get any error messages.  It suddenly started converting into 'Groove' which I thought might be the issue, but I changed my default settings to Windows Media and it didn't make any difference.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you get the same problem with all the converted files you load onto Scribe or just some of them? What version of Switch and Scribe do you have? You may try to reinstall them and confirm if the issue persists. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just had the same issue. I have converted thousands of files from FLAC to AIFF in the past as well as many other conversion types, now it tells me that the conversion failed all of a sudden and no explanation why, nothing out of the ordinary being attempted.

 

If anyone can help out, that would be awesome. I will now send a ticket anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...