Unable to Record "longer" Videos

BleaS

Greetings!

I recently tried recording myself while making a graphic in Photoshop. The process took roughly an hour (the video itself was 1 hour and 53 seconds), and, when I was finished I opened the video, saw it running and figured all was well. However, when I tried to add the video into Premiere Elements, Premiere Elements told me that the codec wasn't the right codec, etc...

It was odd as I had most certainly used video from Debut before in Premiere Elements, though perhaps not a screen capture (though, now that I think about it, I believe I have used a screen capture). I downloaded Windows Live Movie Maker and tried the video in that. At first I thought that WLMM was actually working with it as it showed the video on the timeline. However, there was no playback and it showed a little loading bar on the bottom which suggested it was still processing the video. When I came back to it a bit later, the whole process had errored out.

I had tried, before WLMM, to convert the whole thing to AVI in AVS's video converter, but, even though that came up with no errors, the videos it was producing ended at 25 minutes and 39 seconds.

Confused, I decided to watch the whole thing in Windows Media player. At roughly 25 minutes and 35 seconds, Windows Media Player encountered an "unknown error" and closed. If I tried clicking past 25 minutes in a new instance of the video, the video would pause and not play again.

Figuring the video to be corrupted, I set out to make a new recording. This one ended up at 1 hour, 16 minutes, and 20 seconds. Watching it in Windows Media player, it stopped playing back at 11:02, once again with an "unknown error".

My next step is to record videos in various increments of length leading up to an hour and seeing how long it takes before I start getting the early video errors. Any light that can be shed on this would be helpful though. I do not have a limit set in my options on how long videos can be recorded for.