year end process

Shreyas

How to run the year end process?

===================================

shreyas

Is this what you are looking for ?

On the Home Screen > click Reports button or the Quick Launch links by the Reports icon > select Balance sheet or ? > a pop up window will ask you select a date > from the drop down menu select End of last year. Different reports have similar or added year end choices.

BradUSA

My link

Thanks but no. I am looking for complete year end process. i.e. when I want to look at 2011 data I do not want entire account from 2010 with opening balances of 1.1.2010. When I try to put the required dates like 1.1.2011 to 31.8.2011 the opening balances still shown are as of 1.1.2010.

In short I am looking for closing entry process. I would like to close the 2010 entries ,start with 2011 so that when I ask for 2011 data the opening balances are the closing balances as of 31.12.2010.

===================================

shreyas

Is this what you are looking for ?

On the Home Screen > click Reports button or the Quick Launch links by the Reports icon > select Balance sheet or ? > a pop up window will ask you select a date > from the drop down menu select End of last year. Different reports have similar or added year end choices.

BradUSA

My link

Thanks but no. I am looking for complete year end process. i.e. when I want to look at 2011 data I do not want entire account from 2010 with opening balances of 1.1.2010. When I try to put the required dates like 1.1.2011 to 31.8.2011 the opening balances still shown are as of 1.1.2010.

In short I am looking for closing entry process. I would like to close the 2010 entries ,start with 2011 so that when I ask for 2011 data the opening balances are the closing balances as of 31.12.2010.

On the Other tab found in the Options tabs towards the bottom of the window there is a box next to Permit transaction recording beyond the current fiscal year. By checking that box my 2010 recorded entries still appear in View Invoices, View Payment etc. But it MIGHT-Maybe keep the 2011 from displaying in the 2012 entries.

A suggestion 1. email NCH tech support and ask them if or how this can be done. I've had good luck with emailing them.

BradUSA

thanks will do that

On the Other tab found in the Options tabs towards the bottom of the window there is a box next to Permit transaction recording beyond the current fiscal year. By checking that box my 2010 recorded entries still appear in View Invoices, View Payment etc. But it MIGHT-Maybe keep the 2011 from displaying in the 2012 entries.

A suggestion 1. email NCH tech support and ask them if or how this can be done. I've had good luck with emailing them.

BradUSA

• 2 months later...

Hi, wondering if you've now discovered how to run a year end. I've been looking and can't find anything that allows this. Would appreciate any help anyone can offer.

===============================================

Lee B

The only year end that I know of are in the Reports located on the quick launch links on the home screen. I'm using an older version so maybe that is available in a newer version. Version 4.02 has added Accounts Payable Report. Looking thru the list of new or fixes in newer versions I don't see a Year End function.

--Done in the Web version Fiscal Year End should have Date drop down-- I found this in the upgrades to version 4.00 So perhaps the feature you are looking for is in the web version ?

BradUSA