Opening audio file failed

gisele.aubut

I would love to be able to use Express Scribe on both my iMac and MacBook Pro.

I've downloaded the program for Mac and tried opening a dictation wav file.

I simply get a message saying "Opening audio file failed".

I am NOT a computer genius and would greatly appreciate guidance in plain English please please please!

gigi

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am having the same problem, but on a new PC with windows 7. I get the error message "Opening audio file failed," and these are just .wav files, so I'm not sure what the problem could be. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Gisele, Suzanne, Natalie, Misha, Rae, Herbivore,

Did you ever get a reply? If not, I'll join your club ... dead silence from my post about the VEC Infinity pedal not working on my new Mac Mini.

I read somewhere that you must place your audio file in a particular directory (folder), I thought it was "documents", otherwise ES won't find it. But I tried playing a .wav file this morning, and it would not play even though I had it in "documents". But I have no trouble playing .mp3 files. If you want to convert .wav to .mp3, just download razorlame for free (google it); it's virus free, fast, simple, I've used it for many years.

~Tomtim~

• 3 months later...

I've been using Express Scribe on the mac for a couple of years now. I only use MP3 files with it, and it seems to work okay. Whenever I'm sent a WAV, I'll use Switch (also by NCH - free version available) to convert it to MP3, and then load the MP3 into Express Scribe. Macs and WAV files have never been the best of friends it seems.

I am having the same problem, but on a new PC with windows 7. I get the error message "Opening audio file failed," and these are just .wav files, so I'm not sure what the problem could be. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

There are many flavors of .WAV files. We've been getting some compressed .WAVs from some of our clients who use digital recorders. I use Goldwave or WavePad to convert them to PCM 16-bit .WAVs.