From 25 megs to 3 GIGS during creation?

hugh009

First, to the developers KUDOS for a KISS video editing software! I have been involved as a Video producer for over 25 years and this is one of the BEST!

HOWEVER, I must have had an earlier version of the program because this offers more bells and whistles than previous one. I had to get use to new editing tools but it was easy to do.

What does puzzle me is the creating of the video itself. I had an avi video that was around 25 megs however after creating the video it went to over 3 GIGS! I even redid the creation as I found it hard to believe this had happen!

As you may know the limit at YouTube is 10 minutes or 1 gig. Also TubeMogul takes no video over 300 megs unless you email for permission.

Am I missing some thing here?

Thanks,

Hugh

Hi Hugh,

I'd suggest you might look first at the parameters of the saved video and compare them against the original to see if there is something obvious. I'd use something like VLC to play the videos, pause playing, then look at the info pages (Tools->Media Information and Tools-> Codec Information, or CTRL I and CTRL J). Hopefully this will shed some light.

Sorry this is a bit vague, I haven't experienced this problem. I edit MPG videos and I deliberately decrease the quality of the audio (save as mono) because the videos are for sports coaching and don't need high quality sound. I get a big file size reduction just going from stereo to mono sound.

Hopefully someone else on the forum will have had and solved exactly your scenario, in the meantime I hope I have pointed you in the direction of something worth investigating further.

Bruce