Seeking, Mac "save as" Mp3, help

I think that the Topic Title and Topic Description cover everything, but just in case, here goes.

I don't have a Mac computer, so I am not familiar with how to save an audio file as an mp3 file on a mac. I was instructing someone how to use WavePad, but because of the major differences in how Mac and Windows work, I don't know how to, or how to explain how to, save an audio file in mp3 format, using a Mac.

It appears Mac and Windows work the same when it comes to defaulting the sound file to ".wav" when it is time to save the file. However, in Windows, all one has to do to change the file format, is to "save as" and a small widow opens up and gives you all the options for the saving formats.

From the look of desktop pictures sent, this does not appear to be the case with a Mac.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and God bless,

Timothy

P.S. I will attach a "before" and "after" picture to show what the Mac looks like when the "save as" option is toggled to open up the sub-window (if this arrow to the right of "save as" was toggled in Windows, that would normally open up options to change the sound format and your choices would be as plain as day).

post-15723-1222054337_thumb.jpg

post-15723-1222054358_thumb.jpg

Im a beginner on a Mac but just skimmed through and as I can see it go File, Save file as, Choose where you want to save the file then it comes up with the options. Format is in there. From your screen shots its just the next step.

I hope that helps

Yes, I went through the motions and did this while I was replying last time. I can try to get you some screen shots, but my Mac is at home, so its some hours away..

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your reply. I think if you where able to, when you got a chance, post a couple screen shots of the process, that would be great. If I can understand the process through the screen shots WITHOUT having a mac, then it should be that much easier for someone WITH a mac, to understand the process through the screen shots.

So what you do is save as from the file menu, and you then need to name it with .mp3 in the file name. It will then bring up the .MP3 encoder options. I understand there is no relevant help file for Mac at thsi stage so Ill send you a .pdf of what I have

mp3_3.tiff

mp3_2.tiff