Going slow, freezing computer

OhioWildlife

Hi,

I'm working on a 8-10 minute video project with wildlife photos and some video (67 still photos; 7 short video clips). Right before I got to the last slide to insert text the program crashed and shut down. Now when I open it, it goes incredible slow and doesn't seem to load everything (it plays, but the review screen gets frozen). I did install a patch that NCH recommended, but that seemed to make the issue worse. Is it the program? Do I have too many files in there (even though I shrunk the photos)? Is my computer processor not big enough to handle the job? I've already spent about 10 hours on this project and really don't want to throw it away, so any help is appreciated!

Please list the specs for your PC - CPU, GPU, disk space, operating system, etc. Video editing is intensive. Kill all other programs while editing.

It is possible that the VP cache has become corrupt. Though it may initially slow project loading, try clearing that cache. TOOLS menu|OPTIONS|DISK.

Have you defragged the drive lately (provided it's not an SSD)? Windows Control Panel|ADMINISTRATIVE TASKS|DEFRAG

Have you cleared windows temp files? In Windows (File) Explorer, right-click the C: drive and click CLEAN UP.

Under the VP FILE menu, back up project files to a folder, than save the project. SAVE AS regularly, under incremental names, so the earlier saves are not overwritten.