reactivate switch on a new computer

desert

hello!

i purchased a license (switch sound format converter plus edition) back in february 07. the computer on which the software was originally installed gave out earlier this year. i now have a new machine and would like to activate my old serial numbered license, however when i try to activate it, i get an error message telling me that my serial number is a not twelve numbered one–the original serial number is an eleven digit one. i had actually forgotten that i owned this license until i found it in my email. so i downloaded the software and used it a a few times then the trial period ran out; now i can't get it to activate with my license number.

i did some research on your support page and i found the the text below. i want to move the software to a new machine and since i hold a license i should be able to install and use it on a new machine. i think my situation clearly falls within the 'within reason' explanation.

for the record, i saved the two original emails; the software purchase email and invoice/receipt email.

... please advise.

Q. What restrictions apply to the license?

If the license is named as an "Installation License" the main restriction is you need to purchase one license serial number for each computer that the program runs on.

Can I move the software or reinstall the software in future?

Within reason - yes. As long as the software does not continue to run on the old computer you can install the software on a new computer. As a piracy control measure we do limit the number of reinstalls to 2 times in any 12 month period.

Note: we do run an anti-piracy system which can detect multiple installs. But as long as the software (with one serial number) runs on one PC at any one time, you will not have problems.

Guest MichaelJee

Hello,

The core is that we dont keep archives of sofware. What you purchased back in 07 was a right to register the version of the application made available then, not now.

Think of it as you taking the $50,000 you spent 5 years ago on a "03 BMW, and then asking for a "08 model today (as you lost the old car, and as you didn't insure it [the orig registration email asked you to back up the keys and install file] your now in trouble)

I would suggest recovering the install file, then we can simply reset your reg details and you'll be up and running again.

Regards

Michael