Express Scribe Microsoft Error

longball07

I have a site with four Transcriptionist using the Express Scribe software and three of them are getting the same error almost every single time they close express scribe.

scribe.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience

then there is the option to send error report or don't send

the machines are all windows xp service pack 2 and express scribe v. 4.05

I keep telling them to just hit don't send but they keep asking why this error message comes up. And they want me to fix it.

I have a site with four Transcriptionist using the Express Scribe software and three of them are getting the same error almost every single time they close express scribe.

scribe.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience

then there is the option to send error report or don't send

the machines are all windows xp service pack 2 and express scribe v. 4.05

I keep telling them to just hit don't send but they keep asking why this error message comes up. And they want me to fix it.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS!

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS!

Can you say why you are using such an old version? V 4.05 way predates the changes made to accommodate Vista over a year ago.

Or, why not make sure you save 4.05, and download the latest version to your hdd and install it ... say on one machine... and see if the problem still happens. At a guess, there could be a Microsoft update that doesn't like 4.05 any more, or some other update, perhaps in your security software? For instance, if you can, dump "parental controls".... Good luck. KRN