Unable to play dss file...MSG not a valid WAVE sound file

KSSMT

I have Express Scribe version 4.22. I downloaded and played a dss file just fine. I have someone else who also had V4.22 that downloaded the same file but cannot play it. She recieved the message:

The file C:\Program Files\Bytescribe\DocShuttle Client\Voice\D 0903-006-2770 0110 00 JJA 0006.dss is not a valid WAVE sound file

She then upgraded to version 4.23, and got the following message:

Cannot open the file "C:\Program Files\Bytescribe\DocShuttle Client\Type 2\D 0903-006-2770 0110 00 JJA 0006.dss". It is possible the file format is not supported by this program.

Is there a component or a codec that she needs to install to make it play in her ES?

• 2 weeks later...
I have Express Scribe version 4.22. I downloaded and played a dss file just fine. I have someone else who also had V4.22 that downloaded the same file but cannot play it. She recieved the message:

The file C:\Program Files\Bytescribe\DocShuttle Client\Voice\D 0903-006-2770 0110 00 JJA 0006.dss is not a valid WAVE sound file

She then upgraded to version 4.23, and got the following message:

Cannot open the file "C:\Program Files\Bytescribe\DocShuttle Client\Type 2\D 0903-006-2770 0110 00 JJA 0006.dss". It is possible the file format is not supported by this program.

Is there a component or a codec that she needs to install to make it play in her ES?

sir/mam.... can u please send to my email of how you solve that problem because i have the same problem this is my email beatles017@yahoo.com.... thank you.....^_^