.mp3 to .wma conversion problems

audionewbie

I apologize in advance if this is a redundant question. My attempt to search my problem was unsuccessful with the four letter word limitation in the search engine. My problem is this, while using the trial version of Switch Plus I converted 41 unprotected, 256kbps, .mp3 files to, 80 kbps, 44kHz, 2 channel, 16 bit CBR .wma files. They play on my computer but not my portable mp3 player. Also the Album, Artist and Song info in the id tag didn’t transfer.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Updated 9-2

I see there were over 30 views of this topic so I thought I'd give an update on my problem. There are three WMA Encoder options at the top to choose from, Windows Media Audio 9.2, Windows Media Audio Voice 9 and Windows Media Audio 10 Professional. Since I have WMP 11 on my machine I guessed the closest was WMA 10 Pro. Wrong. That's why it was playing okay on my computer but not my mp3 player. When I tried the WMA 9.2 it worked fine on my mp3 player. I still can't seem to get the id tags from my mp3 files to copy to my converted wma files. Again, I'm using the trial version if that makes any difference. Is there anyone out there that has been successfully getting the id tag to transfer while converting from mp3 to wma? This program would definitely be worth buying if I could get this problem worked out. Any help out there would be greatly appreciated.