Edited MP3's get huge!

KHR

Hi, I have tried various options to keep the size of edited MP3's small with no effect. Going from +- 3000 kb to 46 000 kb. Even when not much editing is done - example cutting 5 minutes of the end of a recoding . Any ideas welcome! thanks

Hi, I have tried various options to keep the size of edited MP3's small with no effect. Going from +- 3000 kb to 46 000 kb. Even when not much editing is done - example cutting 5 minutes of the end of a recoding . Any ideas welcome! thanks

=======================================================

I have an idea!!!

You might try saving your edited file as an _mp3_ file instead of a _wav_ file, which is exactly what it is _after_ your mp3 file has been successfully loaded into WavePad :-)

Read very carefully the instructions on using the "save-as" command.

Musikone

=======================================================

I have an idea!!!

You might try saving your edited file as an _mp3_ file instead of a _wav_ file, which is exactly what it is _after_ your mp3 file has been successfully loaded into WavePad :-)

Read very carefully the instructions on using the "save-as" command.

Musikone

Thanks for your suggestion Musikone. Tried, open as MP3 and then save as MP3 , save at 128 , and mono . still ended up huge.

Appreciate you trying. There must be another way - it does not make sense that when you cut something that it gets bigger.

Enjoy your day

KHR

Thanks for your suggestion Musikone. Tried, open as MP3 and then save as MP3 , save at 128 , and mono . still ended up huge.

Appreciate you trying. There must be another way - it does not make sense that when you cut something that it gets bigger.

Enjoy your day

KHR

============================================

I appreciate your appreciation.

I'm sorry that my idea was lousy:-(

Perhaps someone who understands this subject better than I do will come along and offer you a better idea.

Please excuse me for stumbling along; I'm just trying to learn......

Musikone