How can I remove the clicking noise?

Clare

I have tried the instructions to remove the clicks on the WavePad including spectral subtraction and multiband noise gates but they had no effect, the clicks are still there. I am creating a voice recording using an inbuilt microphone in my laptop. Can anyone help?

I have tried the instructions to remove the clicks on the WavePad including spectral subtraction and multiband noise gates but they had no effect, the clicks are still there. I am creating a voice recording using an inbuilt microphone in my laptop. Can anyone help?

================================================

Bad News!

The clicks that you are talking about are not what the computer recognizes as "noise," even though you may think that these things are noise. Computer-recognized noise (and which can be reduced by the automatic noise-reduction methods provided in WavePad) is continuous, and is due to various equipment/media causes, etc.

Furthermore, what WavePad may refer to as clicks and/or pops cannot be removed by any automatic means, despite WavePad's efforts to convince you otherwise.

Therefore, if you want to get rid of these things, you will have to search each one out individually (the instructions will probably tell you how to do this) and then eliminate each such annoyance manually. One at a time. Repeat: one at a time. If this doesn't scare you off, then nothing will :-).

Read the instructions on the manual removal of clicks and/or pops in a recording. Then settle down for a long night's work.

Or then again, you may just wish to forget about the whole thing :-)

Musikone

(never one to gloss over little problems)

Thank you for the reply and advice, looks like I better get going on that then, a long night of editing ahead! :(

================================================

Bad News!

The clicks that you are talking about are not what the computer recognizes as "noise," even though you may think that these things are noise. Computer-recognized noise (and which can be reduced by the automatic noise-reduction methods provided in WavePad) is continuous, and is due to various equipment/media causes, etc.

Furthermore, what WavePad may refer to as clicks and/or pops cannot be removed by any automatic means, despite WavePad's efforts to convince you otherwise.

Therefore, if you want to get rid of these things, you will have to search each one out individually (the instructions will probably tell you how to do this) and then eliminate each such annoyance manually. One at a time. Repeat: one at a time. If this doesn't scare you off, then nothing will :-).

Read the instructions on the manual removal of clicks and/or pops in a recording. Then settle down for a long night's work.

Or then again, you may just wish to forget about the whole thing :-)

Musikone

(never one to gloss over little problems)