3.11 bugs and issues

pbastien

I downloaded 3.11 to address the 3.05 abnormal termination issue posted elsewhere in this forum. That bug caused mp3 -> mp3 batch conversions to fail. 3.11 fixed that problem. :D However, the 3.11 "upgrade" has seriously broken the tagging. Now all of my mp3 id3v2 tags that I tediously entered have been truncated and munged in the destination files after conversion. It appears that the tags are regressed to the ID3v1 tag standard. :(

• 2 weeks later...
I downloaded 3.11 to address the 3.05 abnormal termination issue posted elsewhere in this forum. That bug caused mp3 -> mp3 batch conversions to fail. 3.11 fixed that problem. :D However, the 3.11 "upgrade" has seriously broken the tagging. Now all of my mp3 id3v2 tags that I tediously entered have been truncated and munged in the destination files after conversion. It appears that the tags are regressed to the ID3v1 tag standard. :(

I received a 3.11 wavepad patch and it did address the tag truncation issue. However, the alpha tags that contain non-english alphabet characters are munged. Also, when I selected the batch conversion option to "Use the same file format that was used for loading the files" the bit-rate was reported to be all over the board on the output files , not the 320kbps of the original, some reported as low 8kbps. This was reported by Tag Clinic.

When I use the "Convert to file format" option to set the output bit-rate, it converts fine. Note that I was converting mp3 to mp3 but normalizing the stream.

All of these issues appear to apply to the Switch batch conversion also.

Here is an example of the tag munging:

MP3 Title tag before conversion: Cucú Cucú Cucucú

MP3 Title tag after conversion: Cucú, Cucú, Cucucú