Wavepad v 3.11 - features

padbury

Received an email today: "The development team has released a new version of WavePad in July. This is the first new release of the program in over two years. It features a massive internal upgrade, better performance, increased stability and a number of bug fixes.

We note that you have purchased the application in the last 3 months and therefore can upgrade for free at www.nch.com.au/wavepad/masters.html"

Struggling to find what's new in this "massive internal upgrade" Not easy to spot new features on NCH website. Has anyone noticed a definitive list of the new features anywhere? You would think it would be easy to find out what's new but it aint!

Hi Padbury

Ill have the release notes here http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/versions.html

within 24 hours....sorry for the delay!

Hi nchaj

I received the same email, referring to a v 3.11 release, and the email noted that I'd made the purchase in the last 3 months. I bought the Mac OS X version and the email is obviously aimed at PC users as it refers to the "current version.... located at C:/Program Files...", so why did I get the email?

Also, although it doesn't affect me as a Mac user, the release-notes link you included only appears to show Mac versions (showing that my purchased v 3.20 version is still the latest one) and doesn't include reference to a v 3.11 for PC.

Guest nchaj

Hi Big,

We cant differentiate between our Mac and PC license holders, it should have a note in the email to say its only for PC's. Sorry if that wasnt noted.

Our last release of Wavepad for mac was back in 06, so thats why theres not much there. The only other releases have been for Mac until now. We are collating all the info as we speak to put something on the link to list the changes in 3.11

cheers

Guest nchaj

3.11 has been a rework of 3.05, at this stage we wanted to get the bugs sorted. the focus of the work has been

1. Better support for tags

2. Greater stability when converting flac files

3. Improved stability for other file formats

and several bug fixes

A major rework of Wavepad is in the process, so if you have any suggestions or feedback of 3.11 send them over.