Changing Default

Judyh0311

I can't find where I can change Express Scribe from being my default. No matter what type of file I try and listen to (except for CDs), Express Scribe is automatically the default and I don't want that because obviously I'm not transcribing every file I open. For instance, one of my audio book sites has excerpts and even though the excerpts are WMA format, Express Scribe tries (and fails) to open them so I can't get around it to open them in Windows Media Player anymore. Does anyone know of a way I can change it from being my default on all audio files? I would greatly appreciate any help.

I don't really understand your problem, since the files should be loading automatically from an FTP server or email address, in which case the loaded files are the only ones that should be playing in Express Scribe.

It sounds like you may have inadvertantly associated WMA and possibly other file types with Express Scribe. The easiest way to solve this problem is to right-click on any WMA file and choose "Open With", then choose the program you want that file type to be opened with, in this case Windows Media Player. Make sure you check the "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" before clicking OK. Repeat this for any other file types that should not be opened with Express Scribe (except within Express Scribe).

I can't find where I can change Express Scribe from being my default. No matter what type of file I try and listen to (except for CDs), Express Scribe is automatically the default and I don't want that because obviously I'm not transcribing every file I open. For instance, one of my audio book sites has excerpts and even though the excerpts are WMA format, Express Scribe tries (and fails) to open them so I can't get around it to open them in Windows Media Player anymore. Does anyone know of a way I can change it from being my default on all audio files? I would greatly appreciate any help.