Question about .wav files

zubidoo

I have one CD that I ripped using Exact Audio Copy into the CD quality .wav format (PCM), and I used wavepad to edit the volume higher (but not passing the top or bottom lines) because it was really really low. Will it get the exact same sound quality as the original rip (just at a higher volume) if I hit save (not save as)? I'm becoming a sort of audiophile lately so I really want to know if I'm losing any sound quality.

Thanks!

I have one CD that I ripped using Exact Audio Copy into the CD quality .wav format (PCM), and I used wavepad to edit the volume higher (but not passing the top or bottom lines) because it was really really low. Will it get the exact same sound quality as the original rip (just at a higher volume) if I hit save (not save as)? I'm becoming a sort of audiophile lately so I really want to know if I'm losing any sound quality.

Thanks!

==========================================================

You will not lose any sound quality simply by "saving" an edited file with a volume change. The edited file will replace the original file, while retaining all of its attributes (such as sampling rate, for example).

Using "save as" will allow you to change the file's attributes (which do not appear in the sound wave that you see on the screen)and its location (directory).

Musikone

==========================================================

You will not lose any sound quality simply by "saving" an edited file with a volume change. The edited file will replace the original file, while retaining all of its attributes (such as sampling rate, for example).

Using "save as" will allow you to change the file's attributes (which do not appear in the sound wave that you see on the screen)and its location (directory).

Musikone

awesome man, thanks for the quick reply!