What's the current version number?

orionwa

I have version 3.05 of Wavepad. I just want to know if there is a later version, because there is no way I am buying that version. When I look at the current product description, there does not appear to be any way to access the release history, find resolved bugs, etc.

If you are wondering what my concerns are...

When saving a .wav file, it will prompt you for a the wave file format, stereo, sampling rate, etc. Since I have hundreds of files to process, this is just a stupid waste to time, but then I felt stupid when I ran across the apparent option of NOT getting prompted, but instead using the default which I could set in the options. Well, NO! I set it to NOT prompt and use a specific sampling rate, but it continued to prompt me AND it seemed to be defaulting to some new sampling, but it was not the one I had established.

So this REALLY needs to get fixed.

And by the way, that "forgotten password" thing here on the message board? THAT is not working either! Luckily, after an hour of head scratching and NO emails from this site, I finally remembered what login I used.

Guest nchaj

on our FAQ pages there is a link to say 'find versions information' the current version for Wavepad Masters is 3.05. The free version has just had a bug fix release and is at 3.10. Masters will have a new release soon.

thanks for the last point.

on our FAQ pages there is a link to say 'find versions information' the current version for Wavepad Masters is 3.05. The free version has just had a bug fix release and is at 3.10. Masters will have a new release soon.

==============================

When is "soon"?

Musikone

Thanks. Now I am getting somewhere. Here is a link to the actual release by release info:

http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/versions.html

Unfortunately, the numbered items under each release contain comments like "fixed a number of issues" and "A few cosmetic and functionality changes", AND there seems to be nothing listed for the Windows versions, ONLY the MAC versions. So it still is not clear if the bug I mentioned above has been fixed, or will be fixed in the near future.

I have to say that the handling of bugs does NOT impress me much at all. I like your design of the UI, but it just has to work better. In the meantime, I will be using a wave editing product named after the most precious metal. This other product allows me to save files directly in .wma format, another big plus; I don't have to pay for a separate product that does that.

Thanks. Now I am getting somewhere. Here is a link to the actual release by release info:

http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/versions.html

Unfortunately, the numbered items under each release contain comments like "fixed a number of issues" and "A few cosmetic and functionality changes", AND there seems to be nothing listed for the Windows versions, ONLY the MAC versions. So it still is not clear if the bug I mentioned above has been fixed, or will be fixed in the near future.

I have to say that the handling of bugs does NOT impress me much at all. I like your design of the UI, but it just has to work better. In the meantime, I will be using a wave editing product named after the most precious metal. This other product allows me to save files directly in .wma format, another big plus; I don't have to pay for a separate product that does that.

================================================================

Why do you say "in the meantime"? There may be more big pluses than you can possibly imagine.

Of course, as has been promised, the new release of WavePad ("soon," I understand, however this is defined) will be the best digital sound editor on this planet :-). This will certainly be the biggest plus that _I_ can imagine, given the past history of WavePad, as it is defined by the continuing complaints which appear regularly in this forum.

But until this new WavePad release (followed by the verification of its promised, superior performance), it might be wise for you to stick with this mysterious, unnamed sound editor. But don't hold your breath while waiting for the new WavePad version to show up!!

Musikone

Guest nchaj

I dont have a release date yet but the developer is working on it now that he has the free version released. We have taken all the suggestions from the forum community and put them forward. From the timelines I see, Wavepad Masters should be in testing late August.

The last windows version was 3.05 in 2006.