IVM Manual contents?

computaphile

Hi..

I am a software developer and am looking to use the IVM software for an application, although I have downloaded the trial version, before purchase I would like to try developing a system that will answer the call, detect caller ID, take a user id of upto 4 dtmf tones, record these to a file with the CID, date and time. export these to a csv file, then by the use of a plugin at a given time dial a number with a message depending on the number of items in the csv file.

This software looks like this is possible, so I would like to purchase, the software but need to know ---

1) Does the bought manual come with programming information or is it the same as the trial version?

It will save me a lot of time if the manual is comprehensive, rather than struggle with the trial version.

2) Is there not an email address that I could have contacted with this problem, rather than put it on a forum?

Regards

Brian

1) There is no difference between the trial version and full version other than the former expiring after about 14 days

If you need any help, I am here pretty much here every day to answer most questions you may have about IVM, Axon, and Express Talk.

Also, what you're trying to accomplish is pretty straight-forward and shouldn't be too difficult to get working.

2) This forum is the best place to obtain support. In most cases, I will answer questions within 12 hours, sometimes as quickly as a couple of minutes. If I do not know the answer to a question, I will leave the topic open for a bit and give someone else the chance to answer. If after some time nobody else is able to provide an answer, I often post a reply with links to contact NCH Support directly.

NCH does have a technical support system where you can submit your question and they will respond by e-mail. The problem is if you haven't specifically payed for one of the technical support packages, your support ticked is treated with low priority and in many cases you will receive an answer much faster using the forum. If you have purchased the software you are asking technical support about, you will be put higher up on the priority queue than non-paying customers, but will still have low priority compared to users who payed specifically for the support service.

1) There is no difference between the trial version and full version other than the former expiring after about 14 days

If you need any help, I am here pretty much here every day to answer most questions you may have about IVM, Axon, and Express Talk.

Also, what you're trying to accomplish is pretty straight-forward and shouldn't be too difficult to get working.

2) This forum is the best place to obtain support. In most cases, I will answer questions within 12 hours, sometimes as quickly as a couple of minutes. If I do not know the answer to a question, I will leave the topic open for a bit and give someone else the chance to answer. If after some time nobody else is able to provide an answer, I often post a reply with links to contact NCH Support directly.

NCH does have a technical support system where you can submit your question and they will respond by e-mail. The problem is if you haven't specifically payed for one of the technical support packages, your support ticked is treated with low priority and in many cases you will receive an answer much faster using the forum. If you have purchased the software you are asking technical support about, you will be put higher up on the priority queue than non-paying customers, but will still have low priority compared to users who payed specifically for the support service.

Thanks for the response..

I will do more work and see how I get on.

regards

Brian