Beware, newbie needs advice on MP3 conversion!

Eowen

Hi all,

Whether I'm just being a bit dense today I'm not sure, but what is the file name for audio cd?? I want to convert an MP3 album into cd audio so I can burn it onto disc and don't know what to enter in the 'Output Format' box.

Apologies for my 'denseness'...

Guest nchcc
Hi all,

Whether I'm just being a bit dense today I'm not sure, but what is the file name for audio cd?? I want to convert an MP3 album into cd audio so I can burn it onto disc and don't know what to enter in the 'Output Format' box.

Hey Eowen,

My guess, from your post, is wav format in order for the files to play on a regular CD player. Not too certain if that is what you are looking for though.

cheers

Hi all,

===========================================

Let us start at the beginning!

What is the "MP3 album" that you are talking about? When _I_ speak of an "MP3 album," I am referring to a disc containing a number of files which have the file extension .mp3. Hence it would make no sense to speak about converting my MP3 album in order to burn it onto disc. Are you with me?

Could it mean that what you are calling an "MP3 album" is really one big MP3 file that contains a number of songs chained together? Or is it something else?

If you would tell me what _you_ mean by an "MP3 album," I suspect that I will then be able to help you get from point A to point B.

My apologies for being too dense to understand what you are talking about.......

Musikone

===========================================

Let us start at the beginning!

What is the "MP3 album" that you are talking about? When _I_ speak of an "MP3 album," I am referring to a disc containing a number of files which have the file extension .mp3. Hence it would make no sense to speak about converting my MP3 album in order to burn it onto disc. Are you with me?

Could it mean that what you are calling an "MP3 album" is really one big MP3 file that contains a number of songs chained together? Or is it something else?

If you would tell me what _you_ mean by an "MP3 album," I suspect that I will then be able to help you get from point A to point B.

My apologies for being too dense to understand what you are talking about.......

Musikone

Hi Musikone,

Yes, the 'MP3 album' is indeed one big file stored on my PC, I just want to convert it so that I can burn it onto disc and play it on my regular stereo.

Hope this is the information you require, and trust me, I'm the only one with 'dense' issues here... :huh:

Cheers

Eowen

Hi Musikone,

Yes, the 'MP3 album' is indeed one big file stored on my PC, I just want to convert it so that I can burn it onto disc and play it on my regular stereo.

Hope this is the information you require, and trust me, I'm the only one with 'dense' issues here... :huh:

Cheers

Eowen

=========================================================

Before going any further, I believe that it would be a good idea to right-click on this (I assume mp3) file in Windows Explorer, then click on properties, click on audio properties, and report back here on the (1) size (2) length (3) sampling rate, (4) bit rate (5) number of bits.

Also, download the "free" version of WavePad, which will give you just two weeks to try it out with its full capabilities before it drops back to "crippleware" (software with certain key features disabled). WavePad crippleware (which is free forever) is not going to be much use to you, so you will have to work fast unless you wish to purchase a license before you know that it will be satisfactory. My best guess, from what you have said so far, is that WavePad Master's version (the licensed version) will do what you want--unless your mp3 album is protected by DRM (Digital Rights Management), which the copyright holder of the music uses to keep buyers from using their music in a manner that _is_ permitted under at least the USA copyright laws but which the copyright holder may not be happy with.

So, in order to proceed to get from point A to point B, as I mentioned in my previous post, your mp3 album must be free from such restrictions imposed by the one who sold you the music. If you bought the music. If you did not buy the music, then you may or may not have a problem.....

If the road is clear :-), you will be able at least to open the mp3 file with WavePad, even the free version, at any time subsequent to downloading it at the NCH web site. It is what you do _after_ you have opened the file that will be restricted (for the free version) after more than two weeks following its downloading. So digest what I have said above, fuss and fiddle a bit, and report back. Just remember, there are all sorts of possible pitfalls in this process, all of which relate to various people wanting to be paid for music, paid for music processing software, paid for format conversion software, paid for recording software, etc., etc., etc.

Just keep this in mind if you want to avoid getting lost :-)

Musikone