Beginner needs help

shasha

Hi everyone, I have never used a forum before :blink::unsure: so please make allowances if I ask some lame questions etc. I have recently downloaded Express Scribe. It's been years since I transcribed anything so I'm still back there with the Flinstones rewinding tapes. I'm now playing catch up. NCH software seems relatively easy to use but how does it compare with Quickscribe/Winscribe/Olympus etc. I mean I don't even know what Wav or DSS or anything like that means. How do people who use Express Dictate find it? Please help. I'm sure I will have more questions about Express Scribe and are there any tips on the correct way to address a forum. I don't want to step on any techno's toes.

Hi

I'm another beginner, in fact pre-beginner, living in the "dark ages"!! I haven't even started yet and need to know certain things before I actually do get started to save myself from looking a complete fool!!!

How am I going to know whether the transcribing machine my client(s) are using is going to be compatible with this software/foot pedal. I can hardly tell someone to buy a special machine for maybe just one job!! I really need to have this question answered before I do much else.

Thanks to anyone who answers this.

Also I downloaded the test transcription piece someone suggested. That went fine except that now I cannot seem to get the dictation to play and have my word processor open at the same time so that I can type it out!! I know this sounds really lame, I've looked at the help and spent ages trying to sort it out for myself.