VEC foot pedal works under Linux ver...doesn't under Wine

richardgiroux

How did you get the foot pedals to be recognized on the Linux Scribe? I'm stuck there at the moment. Sorry not much help for you. There are a lot of reported problems with ES working on Linux, especially recognizing foot pedal issues.

How did you get the foot pedals to be recognized on the Linux Scribe? I'm stuck there at the moment. Sorry not much help for you. There are a lot of reported problems with ES working on Linux, especially recognizing foot pedal issues.

See this: http://www.enricozini.org/2007/tips/linux-...foot-pedal.html

You can use the serial foot pedal with a usb to serial adapter. I've been using ES on Linux (under Wine) for over three years with serial VEC foot pedals (and ones that I've re-wired myself) without problems.

Thanks for the help. But I'm using a gameport steering wheel foot pedals (which don't seem to have Linux drivers) or alternately I can rig up a USB Logitech dual action gamepad. On Windows I have to configure the foot pedals as a game controller but Linux doesn't even seem to recognize that they exist. The controller works fine in Ubuntu but again ES doesn't show it at all. Perhaps if I do the whole thing through Wine it would work...