Files too long won't work?

jasongray

I've found a couple of times with Scribe that if I have a file over say the two hour-ish mark, once it hits a certain point it won't play any further and it just restarts from the beginning. So it appears to have the whole thing downloaded but after about 2 1/2 hours no matter what point you play it from it just plays from the beginning. And in other audio players it works fine. Does anyone have the same problem, or a workaround?

Thanks

I've found a couple of times with Scribe that if I have a file over say the two hour-ish mark, once it hits a certain point it won't play any further and it just restarts from the beginning. So it appears to have the whole thing downloaded but after about 2 1/2 hours no matter what point you play it from it just plays from the beginning. And in other audio players it works fine. Does anyone have the same problem, or a workaround?

Thanks

Hi Jason,

There are posts about this problem somewhere - I know as I had the same problem at one point! An easy way of dealing with it, though, is to download Slice from this site and split long audio into, say. one-hour sections and the problem will be gone.

Good luck.

ETA: Found one old thread but there may be others.

http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=7578&hl=