File loading problem/need help!

mtdebgal

Greetings,

I am a medical transcriptionist and have a friend who will be doing some work for me. (I really need help by Monday at the very latest!) She downloaded ExpressScribe. She clicks LOAD from the main window, and the files from the correct folder are displayed in the 2nd window that comes up. She highlights the files she wants to load and then clicks on "Load" at the bottom. That window disappears and the file/s show up in the main ExpressScribe window. However, the file does not actually load, and the numbers under the duration column ("dur") stay at 00:00. After a short length of time, a message appears that states something to the effect that the duration time is 00:00 so the file will be deleted. ???? I do not understand why the files are not loading. Mine works fine, and we have all our settings set the same.

I sure hope someone can help! Otherwise, I don't know how she is going to be able to help me while I'm away!!

Thanks!

Deb

Hi,

Actually, I just had her remove the program and re-install it, only this time she did not include the Express-Dictate (which is recommended) to be installed with it. I had just installed the new version myself and had no problems. The only difference was that I had not included the Express-Dictate, so I had her try the same thing. It evidentally worked. I don't know why that would make a difference, but it did. Anyway, thanks!

Deb