whole mess of issues HELP

dmarques11

here r all the problems i am currently having............... 1st i have few clients who say when they call in and enter in the extention they r hung up on.... next issue is i have been dropping alot of calls latly which i am currently doing a few test to see if it's the phone of software or provider..... net i tried to setup an additonal line and it when a call xomes in it says sip not supported media which is weird because the other line works and it with the same company... so any ideas??????????

For the first problem, is it not possible that the user is entering a non-existing extension and Axon then transfers to that 'extension' and then the call is dropped? As a fix, you can specify a range of values that can be accepted, and if the user enters an incorrect extension they are asked to input the extension again.

As for the second question, I'm not exactly sure what causes dropped calls. I myself have only experienced them a couple-few times with VoIP and usually it could be explained by an interruption in the internet connection of some sort. I suppose it could also be caused by limited bandwidth (e.g. if several calls are competing on the same Internet connection, and that connection is not very high bandwidth, some calls could simply drop-out after not being able to successfully relay the SIP messages / audio to the server and back maybe?

Is the second line you have with the same company using the same voip server? e.g. if the host name is sip.voipserv.com, is the second line also sip.voipserv.com? If not, it could indicate that the new line is using a new updated server which could be using a newer version of the SIP protocol that perhaps NCH software does not fully support (perhaps?), if it is the same I cannot think of an explanation right now.

• 2 weeks later...
For the first problem, is it not possible that the user is entering a non-existing extension and Axon then transfers to that 'extension' and then the call is dropped? As a fix, you can specify a range of values that can be accepted, and if the user enters an incorrect extension they are asked to input the extension again.

As for the second question, I'm not exactly sure what causes dropped calls. I myself have only experienced them a couple-few times with VoIP and usually it could be explained by an interruption in the internet connection of some sort. I suppose it could also be caused by limited bandwidth (e.g. if several calls are competing on the same Internet connection, and that connection is not very high bandwidth, some calls could simply drop-out after not being able to successfully relay the SIP messages / audio to the server and back maybe?

Is the second line you have with the same company using the same voip server? e.g. if the host name is sip.voipserv.com, is the second line also sip.voipserv.com? If not, it could indicate that the new line is using a new updated server which could be using a newer version of the SIP protocol that perhaps NCH software does not fully support (perhaps?), if it is the same I cannot think of an explanation right now.

thanx for the reply..... my second line is with the same provider..... the error i am receiving is Sip not supported Codec... i contacted the provider which is inphonex and asked if they had the setting on both my lines the same and they said yes the it could be a problem with the equipment... but I'm not sure if that is what they are just saying to pass blame on someone else.....