Unable to open my recorded MP3 file with WavePad Master Edition

jejapail

Hi,

I've been facing some huges difficulties for 2 days now trying to edit my podacst recordings. My operative system is XP Home Edition. A month ago I purchased WP Master's Edition and recorded, edited and saved my podcasts without any problems but since 2 days it's impossible. I will explain the problem step by step.

A - Recording process

I opened WP Master's Edition and clicked on the red "Record" button on the bottom left. A little window pops up with the title "New File". In that pop up window I then selected "44100" from the drop down menu in front of "Sample Rate" and checked "Mono (Single)" and then "OK".

A new window named "Record Control" pops up and starts the recording automacally. To end my recording I clicked on the black square button (the stop button). It's important to precise that I selected on the "Record Control" pop up the following => "Windows Record Mixer" for the input and "[Default Sound In]" for the device. The recording went through without any problems.

B - Saving my recording as an MP3 file

To save my recording I just closed the "Record Control" pop up. A new window - a bit larger - pops up with the recording voice scale / scheme (don't know what to call it). It has a blue background with the title "Untitled 1". I then clicked on "Save File" from the upper menu bar of WP Master's Edition => A folder window appears where I then specified the folder I want to save my recorded file in. I chose the desired folder and named my file "Nouvel Essai" and then chose "MPEG Layer-3 (*.mp3)" as file type from the drop down menu and finally clicked on "Save".

C - Opening my file "Nouvel Essai" from my folder and importing to WP Master's Edition

I then tried to open my file "Nouvel Essai" to import it to WP Master's Edition in order to make all changes necessary (to edit it). But here starts the problem. WP Master's Edition is simply unable to open and get the file "Nouvel Eaasi" from my folder. Instead I constantly get an error message => Cannot open the file "C:\Documents and settings................................NouvelEssai.mp3" It is possibly either corrupt or not a true Layer-3MPEG file". But this cannot be true because I recorded 3 different episodes of my recent podcasts last week without any problems. And I did it exactly as described and I did save all 3 episodes as MP3 files. I experienced this problem more than 20 times since yesterday. How come that WP Master's Edition suddenly cannot recognize anymore the MP3 files that it recorded itself just 1 minute before?

Hope I can get some help here.

Best regards

• 4 weeks later...